Terms of service
By signing up for an account on this website, any of our websites and/or services, you are deemed a merchant and agree to these Merchant Terms of Service (the Agreement). PLEASE READ THESE MERCHANT TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP AS A MERCHANT. If you do not agree to any or all of these Terms of Service, DO NOT USE THIS SITE!
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they do not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Unless otherwise stated, Seerbit and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights and materials on the website subject to the license below. We do not grant you any right, license, title or interest to any of our intellectual Property rights which you may or may not have access to. Seerbit will only permit the display of its trademarks, logos, signs, acronyms and insignia on the merchant’s websites or any material or medium for the advertisement, publicity and promotion of the solution and strictly in connection with the use of the solution, with prior written consent.
License to Use Our Website
We grant you a non-assignable, non-exclusive and revocable license to use the software provided as part of our services in the manner permitted by these Terms. This license grant includes all updates, upgrades, new versions and replacement software for you to use in connection with our services. The services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both Nigeria and foreign countries. Nothing in this Terms gives you a right to use the Seerbit ‘s name or any of Seerbit's trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. All rights, title and interest in and to the services will remain the exclusive property of Seerbit and its licensors. If you do not comply with all the provisions, then you will be liable for all resulting damages suffered by you, Seerbit and all third parties. Unless otherwise provided by applicable laws, you agree not to alter, re-design, reproduce, adapt, display, distribute, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to create any source code that is derived from the software. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide to us and our services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestion as we see fit without any obligation to you.
Merchant Service Agreement
- This Agreement is entered into on a non-exclusive basis.
- The Merchant shall, in relation to this agreement, engage in advertising and marketing initiatives which do not violate any applicable laws, public policy or morality and which do not reflect negatively upon the business reputation of Seerbit.
- For international transactions, the merchants are requested to send to Seerbit receipt for value delivered.
- The Merchant is bound by our annual due diligence and AML/CFT policy.
- The Merchant shall ensure that they run appropriate due diligence on their customers and provide such due diligence report to Seerbit within 2 days of Seerbit asking for it.
- The Merchant agrees that Seerbit may run further checks on Merchant’s identity, creditworthiness and background by contacting and consulting relevant registries and governmental authorities or any other relevant sources.
- If a Chargeback occurs for a Transaction in respect of which the Merchant already received Payout of the related funds, this will result in the obligation for the Merchant to immediately return the remitted funds to Seerbit after a reconciliation has been conducted between the Merchant and Seerbit.
- The Merchant agrees that, in the event of any fraudulent activity on the platform, Seerbit reserves the right to promptly notify the Central Bank of Nigeria and all other relevant regulatory entities.
- The Merchant shall ensure that its platform is not used as an avenue for fraud or fraudulent transactions.
- The Merchant agrees to maintain its chargeback within a minimum threshold of 0.7% as specified by Seerbit. Seerbit reserves the right to suspend or terminate services under this agreement if the merchant’s chargebacks exceed this threshold.
- The Merchant shall only utilize Seerbit and by extension Seerbit’s APIs for the purposes of processing transactions related to its stated business activities. The merchant shall also ensure it notifies Seerbit by written communication if it is desirous of processing transactions arising from business activities not stated prior to the execution of this Agreement.
- The Merchant is prohibited from utilizing Seerbit and by extension Seerbit’s APIs for the processing of transactions arising from business activities which are in violation of any national laws, regulations or card scheme rules.
- The Merchant shall remain liable for all obligations arising from its transactions during and after the termination of this Agreement.
- The Merchant shall be held accountable for every chargeback received from their customers at all times and shall repay such chargebacks to Seerbit within 2 working days. Seerbit shall not at any time be referred to the customers for the collection of chargebacks.
- The Merchant agrees that Seerbit reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to discontinue, change or cancel the Service provided to the Merchant, subject to the issuance of prior notice by email of twenty-four (24) hours of such intention and an opportunity to remedy, in the event of a high chargeback and/or fraud ratio, at any time after acceptance, without any liability towards Seerbit
List of Approved Industries
- Regulated Financial Services
- Video on Demand
- Health and Fitness
- Streaming Services
- Social Media
- Social Media
- Religious Organizations
- Licensed gaming and sports betting business
List of Prohibited Industries
- Cryptocurrency & Virtual Currencies
- Unregulated Charities or NGOs
- Gambling Activities
- Shell Banks
- Ponzi Schemes
- Dangerous or hazardous goods
- Involve the sale of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent
- Involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption any form
- Products or Services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity;
- Items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; stolen goods including digital and virtual goods
- Items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; stolen goods including digital and virtual goods.
- Violation any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;